Tuesday 31 December 2019

Graveyard of Broken dreams

As I attended the funeral, the ambiance was filled with sorrows. 
I saw my broken dreams lying down in the coffin. 
Covered with beautiful dress. 
It looked serene. 
Maybe it knew that it has to end. 
These dreams has come to an end. 
It took me some time,
to allow them to fully cover the coffin and to be let to be buried. 
It was as if, no one was bothered about the funeral. 
My cries and screams very invisible. 
But I stood beside it
Took a deep breathe
Closed my eyes
With all the strength and courage I had, I closed the lid. 
I looked at it while it’s being gradually closed. 
That’s all. 
Thats the most it could go. 
The coffin was let down. 
I took some soil and threw it
The began to bury it with the soil 
Once done, the tombstone was held 
It was written, ‘memories’
Everyone left. 
I stood by it. 
Wishing I could dig it out and still give life to it. 
Tears ran on my cheek. 
I then decided to go.
These memories are meant to be in this graveyard of broken dreams 


And couldn’t do much but to walk away.

No comments:

Post a Comment